Because of many reasons such as hormonal changes, early menopause, surgeries, genetic problems or severe treatments such as chemotherapy, radiotherapy; for women who have lost fate in their chance of becoming a nursing mother or women whose chance of getting any response from standard IVF or ICSI treatments for reasons such as low egg quality, egg deficiency, or lack of eggs, for this cases, we have got you covered as our egg donation treatment is a real wonder. All women regardless of their condition can become a mother even if they are in menopause with the help of our Cyprus egg donation.
What Is IVF with Egg Donation?
- Healthy egg cells from a woman
- Healthy sperm cells from a man
- Healthy uterus from a woman
An Cyprus egg donation is an IVF treatment which is designed specifically for women who have insufficiency about the above-listed conditions. In the event that any of the factors mentioned above are missing or insufficient, the chance of becoming pregnant or giving birth can be slim. This condition can occur at the birth of couples or later, under certain circumstances, and can leave couples who want to have a child with a difficult process. In situations where healthy cells are not available within the body of the mother, IVF with donor egg can be performed.
Before the selection of egg donors, there are some things that need to be considered such as mother’s origin, ethnicity, the physical characteristics of the mother and the blood group among other things. The egg cells are collected from the selected donor for the mother and fertilized with the sperm cells taken from the father in the laboratory environment, and the embryos are passed on to the mother after attaining specific developmental stages.
How do we manage to be that Successful with our Egg Donation Treatments?
- Our IVF expert, Dr. F, take part in each stage of treatment from beginning to the end, including laboratory stages.
- The development of donor follicles is reviewed by Dr. Firdevs. As a result of this, we can assure our patients with a minimum of 10 healthy eggs.
- Young and healthy individuals are considered as egg donors and they must be between the age range of 19 to 26 who have given birth or who have achieved a healthy pregnancy and birth with her eggs.
- It is clear to us that the psychology of the mother is one of the crucial points in this process. Thanks to the advice and psychological support of our experienced patient coordinator, Irem Berk, our patients are able to overcome this process more easily and peacefully, and even with long-standing friendships.
Who Is an Ideal Candidate For Egg Donation?
- Women in menopause
- Women who have postponed their pregnancy due to careers, late marriages and who have therefore lost or completely lost their egg cells
- Women in menopause at an early age for various reasons, such as genetic heritability, stress, and hereditary diseases
- Women who do not produce or produce enough eggs, even if the tissue of the uterine is smooth
- Women with congenital reproductive problems, such as Turner or Mosaic Turner Syndrome
- Women who are no longer in possession of their egg cells and who undergo menopause due to exposure to high doses of chemotherapy
- Women who have a genetic disease that can be transmitted to a baby (hemophilia, Huntington's, Duchenne's muscular dystrophy, etc.)
- Women who have removed all or most of their ovaries because of surgery.
How We Choose our Donors?
There are specific rules and criteria for being a successful egg donor. Individuals who failed to meet with these criteria are by no means considered egg donors. The disease, physical and psychological condition of the donor, the immune system is analyzed by different tests and, if considered appropriate by the physician, they are considered as an egg donor. The reason for this procedure is to prevent various unforeseen problems after the donation of the egg. In this way, a healthy treatment process can be provided.
In our IVF treatment with egg donation, healthy and reproductive women within the age range of 19 to 26 years are considered as egg donors. All donor controls and tests are performed by us with utmost care.
Below are some major tests and controls which are carried out for egg donor:
1. Physical structure: it is important to note that the physical characteristics of the donor such as a big nose, big eye among others are not dominant. Body proportions must be standard. It should not be overweight or too skinny.
2. Genetics: a genetic test of the donor is performed and family history is examined based on genetic terms. In addition to this, the blood cells are examined.
3. Infectious Diseases: detailed tests are performed so as to be sure that the egg donor does not carry any form of infectious diseases. In addition to testing for HIV and hepatitis, hereditary diseases such as thalassemia and cystic fibrosis, etc., that can be transmitted from the donor to the baby are scanned and prevented.
4. Gynecological evaluation: the donor's egg reserve, egg quality, reproductive capacity, ultrasonography, and blood tests are evaluated.
5. Psychological evaluation: The evaluation of the egg donor is done in detail.
6. Intelligence assessment: The level of intelligence of donors must be normal or higher. Preferences are university and equivalent levels.
With our Cyprus egg donation treatment in Cyprus Miracle IVF, the egg donor is selected from our large population of donor based on the physical characteristics of the mother's blood group, ethnic origin. Amid this selection process, the mother can also choose a donor from the suggested characteristics that, in her opinion, best suits her educational status or other criteria.
Stages Of Egg Donation
As stated above, the egg donation is an IVF-like treatment method that is considered in cases where the mother does not have any egg or the eggs available are not sufficient for pregnancy. In this treatment, the egg is taken from donors, fertilized by the father's sperm and a healthy embryo is formed. The resulting embryo is transmitted to the mother and gets pregnant. However, this treatment method will not be the same as regular IVF.
The stages of the Cyprus egg donation treatment at Miracle IVF Cyprus by Dr. Firdevs can be summarized as follows.
Get to know couples: treatment starts with face-to-face meeting in our center or by phone or email. During this interview led by our experienced patient coordinator Irem Berkom and others, Firdevs, the history of treatment and the detailed characteristics of couples are analyzed, so a treatment plan is established. Tests and other preparations are asked to be carried out. Our experienced patient coordinator Irem Berk, provides ongoing psychological support to couples in the decision-making process and the preparation of couples for egg donation treatment in Cyprus.
The donors of the eggs were chosen by our experts, Dr. Firdevs, based on information received from couples, such as ethnic identity, physical characteristics, dominant characteristics, blood groups, and etc. the detailed of the selected donor can be shared with couples. Upon approval, the final decision is made by conducting a full test and checking of the donor.
The preparation of the mother and egg donor: As we always do a fresh cycle (fresh eggs), mother and donor preparation are being carried out simultaneously. Therefore, the period of mother's menstruation was set before treatment with different tablets. If the mother is in menopause, such a balance is unnecessary; the treatment can be started directly. As donor eggs have been developed by Dr. Firdevs, mother's endometrium is being prepared with various medications.
In this process, our patient coordinator, Irem Berk, helps the mother step by step and make sure that a smooth treatment process is provided. This preparation process begins on the 2nd or 3rd day of the mother's and donor menstrual period and lasts for about 11 to 12 days.
Egg collection and fertilization: After about 12 days of medication treatment, the donor is prepared for the egg collection process. All egg cells are fertilized with the sperm cells of the father. Since the eggs are prepared for a single patient, fresh, one-to-one, and sharing are not done; we can guarantee at least 10 healthy eggs for each patient. After fertilization, the fertilized embryos are left to evolve in special incubators. On the same day, the mother's endometrium is examined and new medications that prepare the mother for pregnancy are started.
Embryo transfer: this is the last stage of the treatment of the Cyprus egg donation. This can be performed on 3rd or 5th day of fertilization. The best developing embryos are transferred painlessly to the mother followed by ultrasound.
A different approach to egg donation: TANDEM
The interpretation of the word Tandem is together, which is ideal for this method of treatment. Cyprus Tandem egg donations treatment provides the same method as the egg donation treatment method but this time, the eggs of the mother are used in the treatment as well. For women who still have a certain amount of eggs but do not have enough, the method of Tandem egg donation can be used. Regular IVF treatment stages and the treatment stages of the egg donation are performed together where both the egg of the mother and that of the donor are developed at the same time.
Women, who still have healthy eggs, even in small quantities, maximize their chances of pregnancy by Tandem egg donation.
The stages of treatment which are explained in Cyprus egg donation are very similar to the treatment stages of Tandem egg donation. The egg cells are obtained from both the mother and the donor, and the fertilization of the eggs is done separately with the sperm of the father. The quality of the two embryos is discussed with the couple and with their approval, the embryo which is of the best quality are transferred to the mother. At this stage, depending on the quality of the embryo, the mother can decide on transferring only her own embryos or vice versa.
At Cyprus Miracle IVF by Dr. Firdevs, we know that couples that have a problem with infertility are much fragile and they make their issues private by not making it known to any members of their family and close associates. As with any other treatment, for our patients who choose us for donation treatments, the confidentiality of our patient is our major concern.
We provide 100% privacy to our patients. Since the treatment information is not saved, the identity information of both parties is completely confidential and it is not possible for third parties to know about this information.
For detailed information: http://www.cyprusmiracleivf.com/en/egg-donation.html